Monday, September 8, 2008

Zucca in Parigi...






This post is a little bit overdue considering that my Paris vacation took place almost a month ago.

But as most ladies over the age of let's say 20 know (and some 17 year old girls whose mom may just be running for vice president of the US find out the hard way)...better late than never!!!

Honestly, Paris is probably the most romantic city I have ever visited. There is just something about the city that gets you in the mood for some lovin the moment you see the skyline.

I stayed in Paris with the lovely Miss Tracey, a very good friend from NYU. Tracey has a thing for boys with an edge, definitely not easily impressed, has one of the best laughs around (truly) and the girl I want right by my side if I ever get in an actual physical fight. Yes. Chances of me getting in a physical fight are slim, but it never hurts to know who you want to have your back just in case.

The weather was spectacular the entire week I was in Paris...and basically I spent my money on food, wine, entry into museums and some obscenely expensive cocktails at a super trendy joint called Cafe Chic (i.e. 20 euros for 1 mojito...which converts to roughly $28 at the moment). Obscenely expensive may be an understatement.

Regarding Cafe Chic. Little advice. If you go there with a somewhat large party, it definitely makes sense to get a bottle of vodka, gin...whatever your poison.

But if your party consists of 3 girls who happened to drink 2 bottles of wine beforehand, buying a bottle just leads to a tab of 270 euros, some drunk texting, possibly stuffing roses down the front of your dress and a slight "mal di testa" (or headache) the next morning.

- Zucca

No comments: